Thoughts and observations on Green Arrow, classical liberalism, freedom, comic books and matters of social justice.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Green Arrow on the horizon

Bow season starts this coming week. I've never hunted but work with many who do.  Not that I'm opposed to hunting, I'm not at a point in my life where I want to sit in a tree stand at 4 o'clock in the morning covered in camouflage and deer urine. Maybe someday.  Right now my bow is stored up in my car port, living in the suburbs doesn't afford one ample opportunity for target practice.

Stopped reading the "New 52" Green Arrow monthly book. The art was interesting and quirky at first, but Freddie Williams' style began to grate the nerves.  I saw that the #0 (again with that stuff?) issue was written by Judd Winick.  No thank you.  I abhor Judd Winick.

The Savage Hawkman October tie-in seems interesting, Carter Hall has always been a decent foil for Oliver; but the new look for Hawkman screams 1990's excess so I'm not sure I can go there.  Of course, the smart money is waiting on the trade for a lower price at Amazon.  I know this is helping to kill the print comic book industry but what can you do?  Thinking seriously about one of those online subscriptions, anymore comics aren't worth the paper they're printed on anyhow.

Biggest new for Green Arrow is the CW show "Arrow" which will actually be picked up as a series premieres this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.