If it weren't for the bow!
For whatever reason Mattel sent out a bow with a stiff, plastic string that has the arrow attached; to both the string and arrow rest. On top of that, the arrow is too short as are the other trick arrows that come with the figure. The first thing I did was snip the arrow off the bow, then I snipped of the arrow head and fletching to attach them to a paper clip I straightened and painted green. But I still didn't like the plastic string.
So in desperation I cut that of as well and used an thin rubber band (used as a battery seal for an infusion pump) and tied it to the bow. I then cut the straight part of the plastic string and made a new arrow that went better with the figure. I'm very happy with the results and now have the Emerald Archer taking aim at my work desk!