Thoughts and observations on Green Arrow, classical liberalism, freedom, comic books and matters of social justice.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Green Arrow's married exploits

There is a new Green Arrow/Black Canary comic book being published by DC Comics right now. I've read so-so reviews of it, I don't buy monthly books save my son's subscription to the excellent Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam book. I'll flip through the trade paperback when it comes out later this year but from all signs the sales of this book have been slipping for sometime; this title is a continuation of sorts from the previous Green Arrow title with Black Canary thrown in since the marriage.

Many....well, some Green Arrow fans are buying this book monthly in hopes it will get better. I have a hard time with that logic. I'd rather go back and read a good story like Archer's Quest or even Year One. I do like the idea of a married couple superhero team, again, it'll wait until the trade and then I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.