Thoughts and observations on Green Arrow, classical liberalism, freedom, comic books and matters of social justice.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 Days of Poverty....keeping Christmas alive


I am committing myself to 12 acts of Christmas this year; one for each month of 2009. The heart of Christmas is poverty. Christ came as flesh and bone in poverty. He preached to and about the poor. I will keep this true spirit of Christmas, not some secular notion of good feelings, but one of action for the poor, alive this year.

I will list 12 acts of charity, a new one each month, to help the poor. If you read this, then join me. Perhaps by next Christmas something will be better for someone.

It's not about "feelings," it's about "action."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.