Thoughts and observations on Green Arrow, classical liberalism, freedom, comic books and matters of social justice.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Shut the door and cover me


After this last election I wanted to run and hide away. Let the world slip slide into the whole it chose for itself and take care of my own. My wife warned me to reconsider, then I read the words of Archbishop Charles Chaput;

“The point we must never forget is this: We need to keep fighting for the human person, starting with the unborn child and extending throughout life. We abandon our vocation as Catholics if we give up; if we drop out of political issues altogether or knuckle under to America’s growing callousness toward human dignity. We need to keep fighting. Otherwise we become what the Word of God has such disgust for: salt that has lost its flavor.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.