Thoughts and observations on Green Arrow, classical liberalism, freedom, comic books and matters of social justice.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Letting the love arrows fly


Valentine's Day is fast approaching and with it the usual rush of anxiety and self-doubt. Being a few weeks out I find myself having to train my brain so I don't concentrate on "the gift." Not that "the gift" isn't important but I think most men can fall into the trap of thinking it's the main component of the holiday; not so.

This will be our tenth Valentines' Day as man and wife, ten years of life and love together. This is where I have to focus, whatever I end up doing it must be centered on a celebration of a decade of love. All the laughter, tears, fights, and making up needs to be acknowledged this February 14h.

No pressure! How tha hell do you do that? Why can't I just buy her a shiny rock? But I digress, as I sit here and ponder my options and hope you (whoever "you" happen to be) have a great Valentine's Day. I remember the days of loathing the holiday. Those lonely guy years when Valentines' meant nothing more than extra pink in the shopping isles.

I'm blessed to have a love like I do in my life. I suppose the trick is not to concentrate on "dazzling" her but to really express how much I love her and why I feel the way I do. It will take thoughtful contemplation and heartfelt consideration.

I think I have an ulcer...

1 comment:

  1. She might still like a rock.

    Either way she loves you very much too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.